[euopendata] Welcome to new EU open data call participants!

Rinke Hoekstra hoekstra at uva.nl
Mon Feb 8 09:57:02 UTC 2010

Dear Jonathan, all,

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Semantic Web group of the VU University Amsterdam, also affiliated with the Leibniz Center for Law of the University of Amsterdam. My background is in knowledge representation, with a particular focus on the domains of Government and Law. My website is at [1], twitter RinkeHoekstra, other contact details at the bottom of this email.

I am currently developing a system for improving access to court proceedings (in the BEST project, [2]).

In the past I have been involved with numerous projects, most notably CLIME, E-POWER, ESTRELLA and FEED [3]. I am the main author of the LKIF Core ontology of basic legal concepts [4], and one of the initial developers of the MetaLex XML format for legal sources [5] (which is now a CEN workshop agreement). I am a member of the W3C OWL Working Group on OWL 2 (now retired) and the eGov Interest Group of the W3C on behalf of the University of Amsterdam.

I very much look forward to participating in this group. Unfortunately the group call this Tuesday is at an inconvenient time for me (any Tuesday and Thursday after 5pm CET), but I hope to be able to attend in the future.

If by any chance you are in the neighbourhood this week, be sure to attend the Semantic Web meetup on Linking Open Dutch Data! [6]

Best,

Rinke

[1] http://www.few.vu.nl/~hoekstra
[2] http://www.best-project.nl
[3] Respectively: http://www.leibnizcenter.org//previous-projects/clime, http://www.leibnizcenter.org//previous-projects/e-power, http://www.estrellaproject.org/ and http://www.feed-project.eu/
[4] http://ontology.leibnizcenter.org/trac/wiki/LKIFCore
[5] http://www.metalex.eu
[6] http://esw.w3.org/topic/DutchSemanticWebMeetups

On 8 feb 2010, at 10:27, Jonathan Gray wrote:

> A big welcome to new members of this list! Including:
>
>  * Stefano Bertolo, European Commission (Luxembourg)
>  * Paolo Bouquet, University of Trento (Italy)
>  * Peter Dolog, Aalborg University (Denmark)
>  * Asunción Gómez-Pérez, Technical University of Madrid (Spain)
>  * Christophe Guéret, Universiteit van Amsterdam (Netherlands)
>  * Michael Hausenblas, National University of Ireland (Ireland)
>  * Ivan Herman, W3C + CWI (Netherlands)
>  * Rinke Hoekstra, Universiteit van Amsterdam (Netherlands)
>  * Andreas Langegger, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz (Austria)
>  * Pavel Shvaiko, TasLab - Informatica Trentina (Italy)
>  * York Sure, Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences (Germany)
>  * Giovanni Tummarello, National University of Ireland (Ireland)
>
> I hope I haven't missed anyone! If you are new to the list and I
> haven't previously introduced you - please say 'hello'...
>
> Sören - perhaps you can give a bit of background to existing
> participants of the EU open data calls about the session you are
> putting together? We decided that if we have issues with too many
> people on a given call, we may branch into 'thematic' calls - e.g.
> policy, catalogues, and so on.
>
> All: there are two sessions this week that you may be interested in:
>
>  * What: Third EU Open Data Call
>  * When: 2010-02-09 at 1600 GMT, 5pm CET
>  * Wiki: http://wiki.okfn.org/euopendata/3
>  * Where: Skype + Etherpad + wiki contact antti.poikola by skype
>
>  * What: Virtual workshop about open data catalogs and requirements
>  * When: 2010-02-11 at 16-1900 CET
>  * Details: http://apoikola.wordpress.com/2010/01/23/open-government-data-catalogs/
>  * Where: Skype + Etherpad + wiki contact antti.poikola by skype
>
> All the best,
>
> --
> Jonathan Gray
>
> Community Coordinator
> The Open Knowledge Foundation
> http://blog.okfn.org
>
> Twitter/Identica: jwyg

---
Dr Rinke Hoekstra

AI Department         |   Leibniz Center for Law
Faculty of Sciences   |   Faculty of Law
Vrije Universiteit    |   Universiteit van Amsterdam
De Boelelaan 1081a    |   Kloveniersburgwal 48
1081 HV Amsterdam     |   1012 CX  Amsterdam
+31-(0)20-5987752     |   +31-(0)20-5253497
hoekstra at few.vu.nl    |   hoekstra at uva.nl

Homepage: http://www.few.vu.nl/~hoekstra