[euopendata] Welcome to new EU open data call participants!

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Feb 8 09:27:44 UTC 2010

A big welcome to new members of this list! Including:

  * Stefano Bertolo, European Commission (Luxembourg)
  * Paolo Bouquet, University of Trento (Italy)
  * Peter Dolog, Aalborg University (Denmark)
  * Asunción Gómez-Pérez, Technical University of Madrid (Spain)
  * Christophe Guéret, Universiteit van Amsterdam (Netherlands)
  * Michael Hausenblas, National University of Ireland (Ireland)
  * Ivan Herman, W3C + CWI (Netherlands)
  * Rinke Hoekstra, Universiteit van Amsterdam (Netherlands)
  * Andreas Langegger, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz (Austria)
  * Pavel Shvaiko, TasLab - Informatica Trentina (Italy)
  * York Sure, Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences (Germany)
  * Giovanni Tummarello, National University of Ireland (Ireland)

I hope I haven't missed anyone! If you are new to the list and I
haven't previously introduced you - please say 'hello'...

Sören - perhaps you can give a bit of background to existing
participants of the EU open data calls about the session you are
putting together? We decided that if we have issues with too many
people on a given call, we may branch into 'thematic' calls - e.g.
policy, catalogues, and so on.

All: there are two sessions this week that you may be interested in:

  * What: Third EU Open Data Call
  * When: 2010-02-09 at 1600 GMT, 5pm CET
  * Wiki: http://wiki.okfn.org/euopendata/3
  * Where: Skype + Etherpad + wiki contact antti.poikola by skype

  * What: Virtual workshop about open data catalogs and requirements
  * When: 2010-02-11 at 16-1900 CET
  * Details: http://apoikola.wordpress.com/2010/01/23/open-government-data-catalogs/
  * Where: Skype + Etherpad + wiki contact antti.poikola by skype

All the best,

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator