[euopendata] Welcome to new EU open data call participants!

Christophe Guéret christophe.gueret at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 23:54:26 UTC 2010

Dear Jonathan and all,

Thanks for this nice welcome :)

I'll also go for a short introduction...
Since October 2007, I am a postdoc researcher at the VU University Amsterdam
under a dual affiliation. First, with the Knowledge Representation and
Reasoning group headed by Frank van Harmelen and secondly with the
Computational Intelligence group headed by Guszti Eiben. My background is in
computational intelligence applied to information dissemination. Currently,
I'm working on a project named SOKS [1] jointly conducted by the two groups.
The general idea of this collaboration is to investigate how CI techniques
can be used to tackle problems from the Semantic Web world. We are also
interested in the other way round; that is how CI techniques could be
improved by the use of knowledge representation tools.

Best,
Christophe Guéret

[1] http://www.few.vu.nl/soks/