[euopendata] What are your national go to sources and people for Open Data / Open PSI news and information?

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 07:20:05 UTC 2010

Hi all,

As I mentioned I will be joining the epsiplatform.eu news team in August and
I'm building my RSS antenna in preparation of that.

What I am looking to create is the following:
lists of people per country, and if possible per domain (legal, policy,
activism, reuse that kind of thing) in Twitter, and in blogs
lists of news sources per country, and if possible per domain
mailing-lists on open data / open psi, both per country if it exists, and
across countries.

I've already started with all the sources I was already following. As for
the resulting RSS grid, I am perfectly happy to open that up to everybody,
and plan to do so at ourdata.eu (and then curate all that info to make a
selection of news for epsiplatform.eu)
If you have a look at the huffingtonpost's Twitterlists
http://twitter.com/HuffingtonPost/lists you get a feeling for what I am
trying to do.

So my questions to you:

- who are your go-to people on Twitter / blogs for open data in your
country? (regardless of language, Google translate is my friend)
- what are you think websites I need to watch (gov and non-gov) regarding
open data / open psi?
- are there mailing lists around these topics active in your country that
might be good to monitor?

Don't try to be exhaustive in your answer if that will keep you from
answering :)
Just please share what you know from the top of your head first. Anything
else is welcome as well of course (what are you tracking in RSS e.g. for
these topics)

Thanks for any help in advance

best,

Ton