[euopendata] Harmonisation on "public domain" metadata in Europe?

Peter Krantz peter.krantz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 11:58:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 13:49, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:

> I think OKF would be interested in hosting something like this -- if
> it would be useful. Any thoughts Jordan?

As I have understood there may be various legal interpretations of
"free from copyright" or "public domain" in european countries so it
would be great to have some professionals from the legal domain have a
look at what it would say.

It should be fairly straight forward to create a page (like
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/) with a short text, define
a permanent URL pointing to that page (preferably through purl.org in
the unlikely event that OKF disappears) and launch a competition for a
visual symbol.

Regards,

Peter