[euopendata] [psi-workers] [open-government] Rules + website for Open Data Challenge

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Apr 1 23:24:21 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that the rules have been revised based on
input from the list. Also based on feedback and the vote which we held
[1], it seems like the majority of people are in favour of having the
site just in English for now. While I agree that disseminating this in
multiple languages is a great idea (from the outset I've been
*strongly* in favour of having as many EU languages as possible, like
our energy.publicdata.eu application) - from my point of view the
issue is more how we process entries in multiple languages, especially
given the short time frame between the competition closing (4th June)
and winners being announced (16th June).

In any case - more on the competition very soon! If you'd like to be
kept in the loop before the launch, please enter your details here:
http://bit.ly/odc-preview

Very exciting to have the ball rolling on this! :-)

All the best,

Jonathan

[1] http://www.doodle.com/zqkqvixzq5ccvtv2