[euopendata] Open Data Manual at http://opendatamanual.org/

Peter Krantz peter.krantz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 18:54:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 19:39, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Together with Julian Tait I've posted up the current version of the
> open data manual to a wordpress site at:

I have a question regarding the definition of "open". Other pople I
talk to have stressed the importance of data being available at zero
cost for the "reader" to be declared open. The current text says "no
more than a reasonable reproduction cost" but does not define
"reasonable".

Having even a modest reproduction cost may raise the barrier in a lot
of usage scenarios. How would the eurostat hackday have progressed if
participants had to pay say a 100 EUR to get access to the raw data?

Regards,

Peter