[euopendata] eurostat hackday

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 18:16:06 UTC 2011

Paola,

this e-mail strikes me as just silly.
The way I read the description of the eurostathackday it was just an
all comers are welcome string of parallel local events. so no budget,
and no air travel involved.

i thought you'd recognize bottom up organizing when you see it.

not sure what your beef with the EC or the  OKF is but this mail reads
as concern trolling. as have some of your previous messages on this
list.
that probably means I should not have responded at all, but as one of
the people who started this list and wants to keep it useful, I
thought I'd better do come out and say it.

best,

Ton

On Sunday, January 30, 2011, Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings
> I am putting together a summary of cost/benefits activities  for the EUROSTAT hackdayincluding the 'environmental cost' of flying people around
> http://eurostat.okfn.org/
>
> I'd like to know
> a) what have been the outcomes/benefitsb) how money did it cost EU taxpayers to fly around people to attend the respective sessions, in the
> case these were not participating in their local hometown/regionc) a breakdown of which  EU projects covered for the travel costsd) some kind of carbon footprint for the day
>

> Does anyone have this information on this list? If not, I ll ask the EU Commission for thebreakdown
> cheers
> PDM

Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra