[euopendata] eurostat hackday

Michael Hausenblas michael.hausenblas at deri.org
Mon Jan 31 12:17:08 UTC 2011

Paola,

> thanks for your detailed reply and for sharing the rationale,

You're welcome.

> So are the outcomes of the hackday also tied in /related with your LATC
> deliverables?

Yes, as already mentioned, mainly in WP1 and WP3 - once they are done I'll
publicly announce it and make them available (most of the deliverables are
public anyway).

> What is LATC relationship to OKFn, if any?

LOD2 is a liaison partner of LATC and and also a member in the LATC Advisory
Committee. Additionally, DERI is both involved in LATC and LOD2 where OKF is
a project participant. Last but not least, the OKF supports us here in
Ireland to establish the open data movement, see http://ie.ckan.net as one
of the examples.

> There was virtually no advertising, the event just sprung out of the blue,
> with one announcement only the day before,  and very few local people knew
> about it (outside the circle of our linkedata community locally which Keith
> is co=leading).

I would question this statement. IIRC the OKF did a good job in advertising
it (well, obviously not a year in advance, but enough time allow people to
plan ahead). I, for example, pointed it out (and I was definitely not one of
the first people to do so) on 8 Dec [1].

> After I collect all the data (provided I get it) I ll compile a fact sheet
> and circulate it for further inputs on how to mesh it

Fact sheet is good. Open *data* is better.

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] https://twitter.com/#!/mhausenblas/status/12460414994481152

--