[euopendata] eurostat hackday

Paola Di Maio paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 12:29:28 UTC 2011

Thanks Michael

> > There was virtually no advertising, the event just sprung out of the
> blue,
> > with one announcement only the day before,  and very few local people
> knew
> > about it (outside the circle of our linkedata community locally which
> Keith
> > is co=leading).
>
> I would question this statement. IIRC the OKF did a good job in advertising
> it (well, obviously not a year in advance, but enough time allow people to
> plan ahead). I, for example, pointed it out (and I was definitely not one
> of
> the first people to do so) on 8 Dec [1].

I meant here in Edinburgh, at local level, the hackday info was circulating
to the public (so outside the project partneers and their
immediate circle) only one or two  days before the event, as far as I know
(and I follow most  of them)

http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ok-scotland/2010-December/subject.html