[euopendata] Starting to organise a pan-European open data competition

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Mar 7 10:07:02 UTC 2011

Hi all,

As many of you will know, a "European Apps for Democracy Contest" has
been on the cards for several of us, since this group's inception in
late 2009 [1].

Hence I'm delighted to say that I'm starting to organise a
pan-European open data competition, which we hope to be able to open
for entries later this month. Further details are available at the
following (temporary) URL:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3952743/OKF/opendatachallenge.pdf

We're currently trying to raise a budget for the prize. If anyone has
any ideas for organisations we should contact who might be interested
in supporting the competition - please don't hesitate to pop me an
email off list!

I'll keep you all updated on progress!

All the best,

Jonathan