[euopendata] Timing of pan-European open data competition

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Mar 21 12:59:09 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Several people have now commented to me in person, via email and on
the phone that they think that the competition should be *launched* in
June to coincide with the Digital Assembly, instead of launching in
April and being judged in June.

At the moment we're still planning to go ahead for an April launch -
but I'm interested to see if anyone else has any strong views on the
timing of the competition. E.g. in terms of busy-ness are our target
audience more likely to be more free between April-June, or (e.g.)
June to September? My only concern is that people may go away
completely over the summer - or may be too busy enjoying the nice
weather to build applications/visualisations.

What do people think?

All the best,

Jonathan

--