[euopendata] [psi-workers] Timing of pan-European open data competition

Lorenzo Benussi lorenzo.benussi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:00:18 UTC 2011

Hi all, it's a tough question ;)
my only concern is that the pan-european competition should be something big in terms of participation and hopefully output (sophisticated apps) so it is important to give enough time to the community to build the apps.
I think we should focus on that, thinking if postponing would help to gather more and better projects or not. From one side it is true that, with more time, we can communicate better and leave the call open for more time but from the other the Digital Agenda Assembly it's clearly the perfect "EU" stage.
In sum I am supporting all the moves that help, or at least may help, to get better quality - I am not sure that busyness is critical, after all if you are "working" on this field or/and you are interested in doing something with open data it's not important the period of the year but how much time you have.
my two cents.

bests,
lorenzo