[euopendata] Update on pan-European open data competition

Andreas Trawoeger atrawog at datenscheibe.org
Tue Mar 15 11:50:07 UTC 2011

2011/3/15 Chris Taggart <countculture at gmail.com>

> Great stuff. I'd second the request to allow submissions as text only
> rather than video. Think video only adds an additional barrier & will
> inevitably mean that it's the videos being judged rather than the ideas (and
> even if that's not the case, it will be a concern).

I would like to disagree. Doing a video forces you to at least prototype
what you want to do and show that you or somebody else within your team is
actually capable of implementing it.

Text only submission have tendency to read like wishes to the tooth ferry: I
want every bit of data conceivable and then I will build a website that
makes everything super easily accessible.

cu andreas