[euopendata] Public Sector Business Registers and Open Data

Javier Ruiz javier at openrightsgroup.org
Mon Oct 10 10:35:07 UTC 2011

 Dear Marc

The UK currently sells Companies House data, but the person that knows most about this is probably Chris Taggart, who runs Opencorporates (in cc).

There is a new site based on reuse of that data but I am sure they pay for it and cannot allow you further reuse. They claimed to be an open data company in some lists, because it is a free service, but were rightly slammed by Chris. Maybe they can tell you more about the exact licensing conditions.

www.duedil.com

I am not sure about Chamber of Commerce information or other business registers. I did once try to find out about ISO 9000-14000 companies, but I don't think there is a public register as they get their accreditation independently. I would also like to have an authoritative summary of the situation.

Best, Javier

--
Javier Ruiz
javier at openrightsgroup.org