[euopendata] Brief presentation

David Cabo david.cabo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 15:28:36 UTC 2011

> My name is Juan Pérez and I'm working in the Computing Service, University
> of Valencia.

 Hi Juan,

 Welcome to the list. I'm David Cabo from Pro Bono Publico [1], and Donde
Van Mis Impuestos [2]. There are also members of Access Info in this list,
who're campaigning heavily for the access to information law in Spain.

 Yesterday we launched AsktheEU.org based on the Alaveteli platform (the
software running What Do They Know in the UK), so we're starting talks about
building a similar site in Spain as a campaigning mechanism for the approval
of the transparency law. As you probably know, all parties are now promising
they'll pass it after the elections, but we need to make sure there's social
pressure so they can't backtrack.

 Regards,

/david

[1]: http://blog.probp.org