[euopendata] Examples of open cultural heritage data?

Claire Libertic claire.libertic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:27:39 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,

In France:

- The french national library launched: http://data.bnf.fr/

- City of Toulouse and its museums made a partnership with
wikimedia<http://www.01net.com/editorial/521340/le-museum-de-toulouse-partenaire-de-wikimedia/>to
open their content.
In this case, you will find here some data concerning the impact of opening
content <http://www.slideshare.net/bzg/glamwikiuk-wmfr-toulousepartnership>.

City of toulouse also released their archive pictures on flickr under
licence CC0 <http://www.flickr.com/photos/bibliothequedetoulouse/> in order
to get collaborative tagging.

Sincerely,

Claire Gallon
@libertic

2011/12/21 Peter Krantz <peter at peterkrantz.se>

> Hi!
>
> The Swedish government has recently launched a digitalization strategy for
> the cultural heritage domain. They have taken a first step by opening a
> Facebook page to connect with people interested in cultural heritage data
> [1]. Having the ministry on Facebook is a rare event in itself so please
> give them a cheer if you connect:-)
>
> I would like to give them some good examples of open cultural heritage
> data. I know there are a lot of data in the Europeana database, but do you
> have any other examples of open cultural heritage data such as image
> databases, data from museums or similar?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter Krantz
> http://www.opengov.se/
>
> [1]: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Digitlt-kulturarv/137183579726663