[euopendata] Examples of open cultural heritage data?

Timothy Vollmer tvol at creativecommons.org
Thu Jan 5 18:23:00 UTC 2012

Hi Peter:

There might be some stuff to wade through at
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/GLAM. For bibliographic data in particular
there's the British Library, Cologne libraries, etc.

Cheers,

tvol

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Peter Krantz <peter at peterkrantz.se> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The Swedish government has recently launched a digitalization strategy for
> the cultural heritage domain. They have taken a first step by opening a
> Facebook page to connect with people interested in cultural heritage data
> [1]. Having the ministry on Facebook is a rare event in itself so please
> give them a cheer if you connect:-)
>
> I would like to give them some good examples of open cultural heritage
> data. I know there are a lot of data in the Europeana database, but do you
> have any other examples of open cultural heritage data such as image
> databases, data from museums or similar?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter Krantz
> http://www.opengov.se/
>
> [1]: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Digitlt-kulturarv/137183579726663

Timothy Vollmer
http://creativecommons.org/about/people/#timothyvollmer
phone = +016086982403 | skype = timothyvollmer | tw = @tvol

Please donate to the CC Annual Campaign, going on now!
https://creativecommons.net/donate