[euopendata] [ITRE Nov 29th] PSI votes on Open Formats tomorrow at EUparl 10am

Ricardo Lafuente bollecs at sollec.org
Thu Nov 29 17:49:33 UTC 2012

Hello Benjamin!

I just read on the @RegardsCitoyens Twitter account that amendment 18
passed and 65 did not. Which is mostly great news -- thank you all
involved in this effort! Can you provide a link for the results
announcement?

Also, can you please clarify the next steps that this process will take
until it is enacted as an EU directive, and are there still obstacles in
the way? Amendment 18 (machine-readable formats) is absolutely crucial
for most of our efforts here in Portugal, where most PSI content is
almost exclusively available in hard-to-parse PDF.

Thank you again! Cheers to all who have been enlightening the MEPs!
:r