[okf-coord] okfn governance + clarifying relationship between okf and okfn

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Dec 17 11:43:43 UTC 2004

Dear Pete,

Another item which I forgot to put on the work list was drawing up a detailed
governance document.

I thought you would be interested in:

1. http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html - deals with it all
2. http://db.apache.org/newproject.html (this is interesting even though
focused on oss projects)
3. http://db.apache.org/management.html - similar to (1)

This also brought me back the question of where these discussion should take
place. My feeling is that in analogy with the Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
we should have a OKFN management committee. For the time being (or maybe
forever) this will also be the OKF managment committee and so it can be
entitled okf-coord. I see this as being analogous to the ASF Board. The
problem is where to put it.

I also plan to soon put up a separate site for the OKF:

	www.openknowledgefoundation.org

which may help to bring greater clarity to the organizational situation.

Regards,