[okfn-coord] Proposal: Open Data Commons license to be maintained as part of opendefinition.org project

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Dec 10 12:44:10 UTC 2007

Following general discussion with Jordan Hatcher over the last couple of
months, last week he asked whether we'd be happy for opendefinition.org
(qua project) to be the home for the license he has been drafting for
Talis (currently entitled the 'Open Data Commons' license or similar --
though this may be subject to change).

I said that I thought this would be fine but wanted to check with the
Board first before officially agreeing. I note that we would not be
taking on any specific obligations other than to actually host the
license text. That said, Jordan suggested that Talis might be willing to
provide financial support for work on improving (fixing bugs) in the
license in the future (Talis have been the one's funding Jordan's work
up until now).

Anyway please let me know if you have objections (or require
clarification) on this matter in the next week or so. If I don't hear
anything I'll assume everyone's happy and go ahead.

~rufus