[okfn-coord] [Fwd: NCeSS Fourth International Conference on e-Social Science]

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Dec 21 12:41:00 UTC 2007

Jonathan Gray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes. I will try and draft something - but possibly not until the new
> year now.
>
> To help keep track of conferences and other events, I've created:
>
>  http://www.okfn.org/board/wiki/Events

As you suggest this should really be on the public wiki not on the
private board one I think. Even when drafting submissions for these kind
of things I think it is unlikely we need to keep stuff 'private' and
certainly the general info can go on the public wiki.

> Perhaps we can also do something like this for the main site in some
> open/standard format. (It would be great if in the longer term we could
> become a clearing house for open knowledge related events - so we could
> receive details of things like this on the okfn discuss list instead of
> having to follow them up!).

Yes: a long time ago we ran http://drn.okfn.org/ but this has been
inoperative for a while. Why not put this down as project proposal in
the incubator ...

~rufus