[okfn-coord] Response from Ford on Weaving History: a negative

Jonathan jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Oct 17 13:35:56 UTC 2007

Hey,

Unfortunate about the Ford Foundation.

I'm going to try to look our for potential partners/funding sources for
Weaving History at a Royal Historical Society/National Archives
conference on digital resources in historical study. Also I wonder if
Virginia Center for Digital History could be a good partner, if only to
strengthen ties with, e.g. US curricula/educational objectives, which
could increase interest of US grant-making bodies?

I'm currently looking at which are the best other grantmaking bodies to
take this to.

Full list of pages with fundraising notes/materials etc. is at:

  http://eu0.okfn.org/board/wiki/Funding

Pages need to be merged to some extent and the whole lot could do with
an update and a tidy. (This is on my list!)

As Rufus said Soren Auer is our main contact for European funding (he's
focusing on FP7 research grants at the moment). He's mentioned forming
partnerships between several organisations in different European
countries and think he's got 'business' connections covered to some
extent by his affiliation with 'Business Information Systems' at
University of Leipzig... Next hurdle is in January 2008 I believe.

Out of interest, does anyone know anything about/has anyone had any
contact with COMMUNIA, "The European Thematic Network on the Public
Domain in the Digital Age"? They got funded back in the 2006 bids (just
starting) for the eContentplus scheme:

http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/econtentplus/projects/psi/communia/index_en.htm

Could be useful to keep in touch with them. I'm happy to write if no-one
else has.

Best,

J.