[okfn-coord] URGENT: FP7 Proposal

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Apr 2 22:19:29 UTC 2008

[I sent this last week - but I've just noticed its pending moderation
due to an attachment.]

Sören Auer has invited the OKF to join a project proposal for the
Digital Libraries call as part of the FP7:

<quote>
I would like to invite OKFN to collaborate with us and other partners
regarding a project proposal for the objective Digital Libraries of the
next call (due April 8th).
The project will be about applying adaptive knowledge engineering
techniques, such as (semantic) Wikis for annotation, describing,
translating and structuring of Digital Library content. The proposal
will be based on a proposal which we submitted already for the last call
and which was very well evaluated (we got 13/15 points) but due to the
large competition did not make it to the finalists. Now we aim at
enlarging the consortium a little and resubmitting as an Integrated
Project. A role of OKFN could be to contribute expertise regarding IPR
and supporting the awareness and dissemination activities of the project.
</quote>

The full proposal is over 100 pages long. (Email me if you'd like access
to the latest copy.)

Also, Sören says:

<quote>
If you decide to participate I would need an 1 page executive
description of OKFN including short CVs of ca. 2 key people. The
description should be written as appealing as possible, since the call
is extremely competitive.

It would be also good if someone of you would have time to proofread
some parts of the proposal within the next two weeks.
</quote>

Is everyone happy that we go ahead with this? If no-one replies in the
next little while - I'll assume its fine to move forward.

UPDATE: We need to send in CVs + organisational description of OKF which
I'm working on at the moment. Will email back ASAP.

Best,

Jonathan