[okfn-coord] JISC bid with University of Lincoln

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Mon Apr 28 16:24:28 UTC 2008

On 24 Apr 2008, at 16:32, Jonathan Gray wrote:

> Joss Winn of the University of Lincoln has invited the OKF to join
> a bid
> for funding to JISC. Joss summarises the proposed project as follows:

<SNIP>

> Is everyone alright with the OKF proceeding with this?

Out of curiousity -- how does this work in this context and on other
bids (such as the recent bid for EU funding)?

How does OKF fulfill its role in this bid?  Does  a volunteer with an
OKF hat on go to a meeting or an event?

What exactly is it that is being committed to?  I see that:

"OKF will support with licensing, research and technical support."

Is this framed as a number of days of work at a certain consulting
rate? Or is this more informal assistance, such as a phone chat or
acting as a member of steering group on the project.

Thanks!

~Jordan

> Joss is still working out the best focus for the bid and any input
> would
> be much appreciated.
>

> Jonathan

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

jordan at opencontentlawyer dot com
OC Blog: http://opencontentlawyer.com
IP/IT Blog: http://twitchgamer.net

Open Data Commons
<http://opendatacommons.org>

Usage of Creative Commons by cultural heritage organisations
http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/studies/cc2007