[okfn-coord] Open Data Commons - future work

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Dec 3 09:33:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 12:35 AM, Saul Albert <saul at theps.net> wrote:
[snip]
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:39:09PM +0000, Jordan S Hatcher wrote:
>> I'd also like to have a physical meeting if that is possible sometime
>> soon about the project.  But first maybe we should have an IRC
>> meeting or a conference call -- I'd prefer a conference call.
>
> Just a quick note to say - I'm very much in support of this initiative,
> although similarly time-constrained at the moment. I do, however, have a
> cracking use case for the licenses and agreements in the making - so I
> have an interest in seeing this happen.
>
> If there's a meeting - physical or virtual, I'll definitely try to make
> it.

Great to hear Saul. I think the best thing is to have an irc meeting asap.

Jordan, Saul, (anyone else): could we do an evening some time soon?

In the mean time:  Jordan can you ping the talis guys about the domain
name plus can you get a dump of the opendatacommons wordpress db so I
can load it up on the okfn machines.

Also any ideas about how we organize the relationship between the Open
Definition site and Open Data Commons. My initial suggestion was to
merge them so that all the content ran on the same site (perhaps with
ODC at /odc/) but I am having second thoughts. What do others think?

We should definitely involve OD Advisory Council in this. Jordan, as
current OD council chair would you be happy to send an email? You
could probably just send your original email (perhaps with small
update to reflect these discussions).

Regards,