[okfn-coord] Open Data Commons - future work

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Mon Dec 8 12:19:54 UTC 2008

On 8 Dec 2008, at 11:42, Rufus Pollock wrote:

> [...]

I don't have internet at home at the moment (loooong fight with
Orange).  I can stay at the office, but time will have to be at 6 or
6:30 or so.

Tuesday or Thursday work?  Wednesday could work for me as well.

> In the mean time:  Jordan can you ping the talis guys about the domain
> name plus can you get a dump of the opendatacommons wordpress db so I
> can load it up on the okfn machines.

Will ping and can send dump or just give you access directly.

> Also any ideas about how we organize the relationship between the Open
> Definition site and Open Data Commons. My initial suggestion was to
> merge them so that all the content ran on the same site (perhaps with
> ODC at /odc/) but I am having second thoughts. What do others think?

I think it needs it's own identity but that it should be closely
linked to the OD site so that traffic can flow easily both ways.
Let's keep opendatacommons.org (especially as existing links and
google SEO, etc).

> We should definitely involve OD Advisory Council in this. Jordan, as
> current OD council chair would you be happy to send an email? You
> could probably just send your original email (perhaps with small
> update to reflect these discussions).

Will do.

~Jordan

> Regards,
>
> Rufus

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

jordan at opencontentlawyer dot com
OC Blog: http://opencontentlawyer.com
IP/IT Blog: http://twitchgamer.net

Open Data Commons
<http://opendatacommons.org>

Usage of Creative Commons by cultural heritage organisations
http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/studies/cc2007