[okfn-coord] [Fwd: Re: Satellite event on Open Science - Euroscience Open Forum 2008]

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Thu Jun 26 13:02:27 UTC 2008

Hi everyone.

I just got an email from Kaitlin forwarded to me  that has me down as
speaking at this event -- AFAIK I haven't committed to do this unless
I missed something in all my recent unexpected travels.

I did get the job starting 1 July, so unless I can convince my new
job that there is some synergy with their activities, it is highly
unlikely that I will be able to go to this during that week -- I'm
already having to back out of similar commitments.

If anyone (Jonathan, Rufus?) knows anything about this, could you put
me back in the loop?  Is anyone else going to the event?

Thanks!

~Jordan

On 4 Jun 2008, at 11:42, Jordan S Hatcher wrote:
> On 3 Jun 2008, at 14:54, Jonathan Gray wrote:
>> Rufus Pollock wrote:
>>> This is definitely a possibility for me. I think we can certainly
>>> guarantee one person and perhaps more on this.
>>
>> I can definitely make it - but obviously the priority from the
>> OKF's point of view would be to get Rufus and Jordan out there!
>
> Sorry for the delay -- had to go back to the US for a family
> emergency.
>
> I would like to go, but I may be starting a new job on 1 July and
> might not be able to go, given that it is in the middle of the week.
> I'll have to confirm next week (if you can ping me again on this,
> would be a big help).
>
> Thanks!
>
> ~Jordan

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Kaitlin Thaney
> <kaitlin at creativecommons.org> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> With the satellite event just a few weeks away, I wanted to take a
> moment to connect you all via e-mail, in hopes of getting a
> dialogue going before the event. Each of you will have 15 minutes
> to speak on your specific project or recent work in this area. The
> remaining time for the panel will be open for discussion. Fabrizio
> Gagliardi of Microsoft Research will serve as the moderator for the
> panel, helping to facilitate the discussion.
>
> The panel consists of the following speakers:
> Fabrizio Gagliardi (Microsoft Research)
> Jordan Hatcher (PDDL, Open Data Commons)
> Ricard de la Vega (Dept. of Systems, Supercomputation Centre of
> Catalonia (CESCA))
> Wilma Mossink (SURF)
>
> Also, if you have not had the chance already, please visit the
> event's registration page, so we can be sure to have you accounted
> for. To register, fill out the short form at http://
> sciencecommons.org/events/esof-satellite-event/registration/.
>
> As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
> I look forward to seeing you all next month.
>
> Warmest regards,
> Kaitlin

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

jordan at opencontentlawyer dot com
OC Blog: http://opencontentlawyer.com
IP/IT Blog: http://twitchgamer.net

Open Data Commons
<http://opendatacommons.org>

Usage of Creative Commons by cultural heritage organisations
http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/studies/cc2007