[okfn-coord] JISC bid on Shared Infrastructure Services?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue May 27 09:59:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've just got around to looking at the following JISC call - which has
been on my list for a little while:

http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/2008/04/circular608.aspx
http://www.jisc.ac.uk/media/documents/funding/2008/04/circular608.doc

<quote>
Shared Infrastructure Service Embedding projects

Projects to:
  * Embed shared infrastructure services (SIS) into institutional
systems in order to demonstrate the benefits for end users of the service
  * Synthesise the work of the embedding projects into the Information
Environment Demonstrator[1]3 and, where appropriate, extract service
usage models[2]
</quote>

Do people think that it would be appropriate to apply for this with
CKAN? I think we'd have to partner with other institutions, e.g. for a
given domain of (open) data, such as chemistry.

An extra pair of eyes would be really helpful! I'm not sure whether we
should apply or not, and not sure that I'm not being too wishful in my
reading of the guidelines.

Jonathan