[okfn-coord] Meeting with Shuttleworth Foundation tomorrow

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed May 28 13:39:53 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Just to say I'm speaking to Mark Surman from the Shuttleworth tomorrow
afternoon about becoming an official partner of OpenEverything.

I will also make preliminary enquiries about the possibility of getting
funded by the Shuttleworth Foundation:

   http://www.shuttleworthfoundation.org/funding/getting-funded

I will also ask him about who it would be best to talk to at the Young
Foundation about getting general overhead funding, and/or specific
project funding, for the OKF - as they are in contact with them about
OpenEverything.

   http://www.youngfoundation.org.uk/

I will enquire about:

  * CKAN,
  * Weaving History,
  * Where does my money go?
  * a project - much like the JISC bid - to develop Open Shakespeare,
Open Milton and others in an educational setting alongside students and
lecturers. Basically a toolkit for open resources in the humanities.

Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to specifically ask or
talk about!

Jonathan