[okfn-coord] A send Jordan and Rufus to Amsterdam campaign?

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Tue Apr 21 17:22:07 UTC 2009

I was thinking that we should pitch up for a "send Jordan and Rufus to
Amsterdam campaign" for State of the Map to discuss the ODbL (the
copyleft open data licence) in July (Im sure there is interest from
them in us being there).

http://www.stateofthemap.org/
Amsterdam, the Netherlands, July 10th - 12th, 2009

I propose trying to raise funds from (primarily) OSM people for:

- Travel (roundtrip on Eurostar + getting to Kings X)
- 2 nights hotel
- Food and other sundries

These would get paid for us to actually go, and then I was considering
that we should also pitch for:

- 350£ / day each for our non-profit consulting day rate (as it is
time away from our day jobs) to be donated to OKF, or some other
amount as a goal for us to get some.

What do you think?

Also thinking that we should do a big supporter drive there if we can?

Thanks

~Jordan

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM