[okfn-coord] License consultancy work for EU Transparency?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Aug 19 13:22:30 UTC 2009

Just to follow this up, Jack has just asked for a quote:

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Jack Thurston<jack at farmsubsidy.org> wrote:
> Can you give me a quote for the deliverables we've discussed?

The main deliverables are to (i) agree a license, (ii) draft an FAQ
explaining the choice. (See below for his original request.)

I think this could be done quickly in a day or two, but depends what
is in the FAQ, and how much it is based on existing material, and how
much new material we'll be drafting and agreeing upon.

Rufus, Jordan: any sense on how long this would take based on previous
work? Also, how much of the work are either of you interested in
doing?

Also, perhaps we should make it clear at the outset that we will be
helping to explain the licensing options available, and select one
appropriate for the task - rather drafting a new one.

Our previous day rate was £275 per day. So two days in £550, three
days is £825, four days is £1100, five days is £1375.

Also I don't know if we want to specify that this requires X amount of
time for legal expertise. So, e.g. 4 days @ £275 + 1 day @ £400 =
£1500.

What do people think we should quote?

Jonathan