[okfn-coord] Network members

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Aug 20 18:56:01 UTC 2009

I would like to establish a category of Open Knowledge Foundation
"Network members" to correspond to the members as described on our
governance document (http://www.okfn.org/governance/). I propose that
there be an annual £25 charge to members waivable at the discretion of
the board.

No voting rights with regard to the board or any other office will be
conferred with this position (though this could change at the decision
of the board at some point in the future).

Last but not least I should emphasize that these members will be quite
distinct from the members of the Open Knowledge Foundation limited.

What do people think?

Regards,

Rufus

## Why?

1. We need an explicit and formal way to acknowledge participation in
OKF activity. This is it.

2. Only just recently I had an enquiry from someone asking how they
became a member (and expecting and wanting to pay a fee for this
purpose).

3. The governance document has long talked about members. Now that we
are growing and maturing this need to be made concrete and these
network members are how I propose we do it.