[okfn-coord] Fwd: Where Does My Money Go prototype

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Dec 9 20:00:19 UTC 2009

We've got funding from 4IP for Where Does My Money Go!! I want to
express particular appreciation to Jonathan whose brainchild this is
:)

Some quick extra background: as per last 4IP related email Dan Heaf
did get in touch a couple of weeks ago. Since then we've been working
to fix up the proposal for editorial meeting today. Couple of relevant
facts:

  1. Our budget (I think) has been increased by 35k or so (to near
100k) in exchange for us including government income (tax revenue) as
well as expenditure in the project.
  2. They indicated that MySociety were already involved in some other
work for them and they didn't see any great need to have them on this
project (I think they are also more confident now about our ability to
deliver). Of course we may still want to work with MySociety but we
didn't do a joint application. I have yet to inform MS of this since
this only was resolved over the w/e (this has been moving fast!)

We now need to start planning pretty getting up and moving on this
given 4IP's (and our) desired timeline to get this done by next
election :)

Regards,

Rufus