[okfn-coord] Fwd: Sign off for work?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Dec 17 10:48:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Jordan S Hatcher
<jordan at opencontentlawyer.com> wrote:
> I for one and happy with this.

Excellent.

> A few questions / points:
>
> 1 - what are the commercial terms on this such as payment dates and day rates? We should ask for some money (40% or so) up front, if possible.

We are invoicing for everything today or tomorrow, to be paid up front
ASAP. This is to do with their grant agreement.

> 2. - As we discussed on the phone yesterday, I'm happy to work on the licensing bits for 2-4 days worth of work at my non-profit rate.  So I'm declaring my financial interest in this project in reference to the guidelines we discussed at our last board meeting.

Excellent. I raised the issue of a legal expertise rate (my idea) with
Simon, but I actually think that what we're currently asking for
covers your non-profit rate, so we should just go with what we've got.
Also the discrepancy between the day rate Ben and I are being paid and
the day rate we're charging means that this represents significant
'banked' income for OKF so I think we should just proceed 'as is' if
everyone is happy.

> 3. I note that the TOR has down attendance at a meeting in Oxford on the 23rd of March -- I have a scheduling clash that day.  Not sure if that meeting needs me, just if it does, I won't be able to make that day.

If Rufus (who he mentioned by name) can make this, we're sorted. Rufus
- are you currently available 23rd March?

Best,

Jonathan