[okfn-coord] Draft send Jordan text.

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Thu Jul 2 08:13:40 UTC 2009

Hi Rufus et al,

I'm kinda rubbish at writing these, so any thoughts would be welcome.
OSM has offered to help promote a Send Jordan to SOTM campaign for me
to talk about the ODbL. I mentioned this awhile back to this list as a
possibility. My travel is all booked and so I have fairly firm figures
on all this.

Questions:

-- can we collect donations through our paypal and then I ask for
reimbursement?
-- how would we separate out donations? Is there a way to put a note
on the donation that it is for this campaign?
-- Rufus - did you want to fundraise for your travel too?

If any of this is a problem, OSMF has offered to act as the donation
collector / distributor.

Thanks

~Jordan

====
Send Jordan to State of the Map!

Open Data Commons co-founder, and principal drafter of the Open
Database Licence, Jordan Hatcher, is on his way to Amsterdam to speak
at State of the Map. But even though the licence may be free as in
beer and free as in liberty, it isn't free to travel from the UK to
Amsterdam. Jordan's work for Open Data Commons and the several hundred
hours of attorney time needed as part of the drafting process were all
donated pro bono, and Jordan has kindly agreed to take time off from
work to travel to Amsterdam to speak at SOTM. Open Data Commons is a
project of the Open Knowledge Foundation and we're asking for
donations to cover his cost of travel to speak at State of the Map
about the new licence.

-- 159 € for return train travel Reading, UK to Amsterdam
-- 280€ for 2 nights hotel
-- 32 € for bicycle rental at Damstraat
-- 75€ = 25 €/day for incidentals/food while traveling
-- 100€ Community Passport registration at SOTM

Total 646€ (about 554£)

All money donated in excess of the costs of travel will go towards the
goals of the Open Knowledge Foundation, a non-profit promoting open
knowledge: that's any kind of information – sonnets to statistics,
genes to geodata – that can be freely used, reused, and redistributed.
OKFN organizes events like OKCon, run projects like Open Shakespeare,
and develop tools like CKAN and KnowledgeForge to help people create,
find and share open material.

Please go to

http://okfn.org/support/donate/

INSERT ANY ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS