[okfn-coord] Draft send Jordan text.

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jul 2 13:34:44 UTC 2009

2009/7/2 Jordan S Hatcher <jordan at opencontentlawyer.com>:
> Hi Rufus et al,
>
> I'm kinda rubbish at writing these, so any thoughts would be welcome.  OSM
> has offered to help promote a Send Jordan to SOTM campaign for me to talk
> about the ODbL. I mentioned this awhile back to this list as a possibility.
> My travel is all booked and so I have fairly firm figures on all this.
>
> Questions:
>
> -- can we collect donations through our paypal and then I ask for
> reimbursement?

Yes

> -- how would we separate out donations? Is there a way to put a note on the
> donation that it is for this campaign?

Hmm. I thought the donate setup allowed you to add a text note for
this kind of stuff but I can't check without actually entering my
bank info. I suggest people tag it with "sotm" or the like if they can
-- and if they can't it isn't a big deal we don't receive many
donations so it should not be hard to sort these out.

> -- Rufus - did you want to fundraise for your travel too?

Let's not worry about me -- you're the priority here.

> If any of this is a problem, OSMF has offered to act as the donation
> collector / distributor.

We can do it either way: e.g. you can donate direct to the Open
Knowledge Foundation at http:// ... or to the OSMF (who will pass the
funds on): ....

Rufus

--