[okfn-coord] OKF vision document (why, how, what)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jul 3 11:40:08 UTC 2009

2009/7/2 paula le dieu <paula at ledieu.org>:
> Thanks Rufus,
>
> I have made a start on this and I have followed up on Becky's offer to be an
> initial sounding board. We are both going to Reboot Britain on Monday and
> the plan is to have a chat and share notes then - if anyone else is planning
> on attending please find us - perhaps we can have lunch together? Hopefully

Unfortunately I'm not going (though perhaps I should be -- though
tickets look rather expensive ...).

It looks interesting and a lot of our OKF work looks relevant: e.g.
"Where Does My Money Go" re. participatory budgeting, the idea for
media monitoring that we discussed re. the Knight Foundation grant,
important of openness (opendefinition.org) especially for government
data (and content) etc.

> that means I can start to share more broadly with this group and the lists
> by Wednesday. Thank you for your offer to take the discussion onto the list

Great.

> - much appreciated :)

I'll draft something to okfn-discuss outlining the background --
though I may not do this before next week now!