[okfn-coord] Approaching people for project sponsorship?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Jul 15 13:08:14 UTC 2009

I was wondering whether anyone had any experience with approaching
people for project sponsorship? In particular I'm thinking of prizes.
Is there protocol or etiquette for this? I've often wondered, but
never known about how this works...

Just to give an indication of the kind of thing I am thinking of...

  * Prize for open science (or attached to open science fellowship or
CKAN open data curatorship) - could approach Wellcome, SPARC/ALA,
JISC, NESTA, CODATA, Google...
  * Prize for semantic open data (or semantic data 'editor') - could
approach Talis, OpenLink Software, BBC, Osmosoft...
  * Prize for open visualisation - could approach IBM, visualisation
companies who use F/OSS?, ...
  * Prize for open knowledge in development - could approach OSI, ...

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator