[okfn-coord] Approaching people for project sponsorship?

paula le dieu paula at ledieu.org
Mon Jul 27 12:25:35 UTC 2009

In my experience it is just like asking for other kinds of money. Put
together a case for the money, emphasise the value it will deliver to funder
(ie. helps deliver against their goals etc), find the right people in the
funding organisation (often the trickiest bit) and pitch. Usually the
difficult part is to find a funder with shared goals.