[okfn-coord] Communia Conference 2009 + PD calculators workshop?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Jun 4 18:07:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Good idea to further promote the PD calculators and good luck!
>
> Ditto. I think workshop sounds a good idea though we should probably
> do a brief costing (of our time) before we go ahead. Suggest we create
> a summary page on the board wiki.

Started this here:

  http://www.okfn.org/board/wiki/PdCalcWorkshop

A few of things to note:
  * this would be a 'working group' meeting - not a public workshop
(unlike 5th workshop in London) - hence much less admin
  * all Communia members would pay for themselves, and anyone external
could come as part of OKF's 4880 euro budget, if they are, e.g. part
of an OKF working group or project. I checked this with J.C.
  * hence no external budget to be handle, to be confirmed, etc. -
hence no quotes, as we had to get with London. We could effectively do
everything directly and get reimbursement from Communia money in OKF
bank account (which will arrive when network agreement is processed).
No need to go through coordinators in Torino.
  * also no programme to prepare and no publications. all we would
need is some evidence of having done something towards working group
6, e.g. some photos, notes on wiki, or some calculators!
  * less dealing with big speakers as with London, hence probably less
lag in response, no collation of biographies, abstracts, policy
recommendations, etc.
  * would be nice to keep small and focused on actually making
calculators - hence not much need for big promotion, a blog post +
email to pd-calculators, ok-cam and okfn-discuss lists is probably
sufficient...

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator