[okfn-coord] Hosting for OneClickOrgs?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat May 2 11:05:45 UTC 2009

Just to follow this up - it would be great to have input from people on:

  a) whether or not we are interested in hosting oneclickorgs (Y/N)
     - I think that it is an interesting project, it will be
OSSD-compliant, and will bring good publicity to the OKF. Charles is
writing a chapter about the project in the new O'Reilly 'Open
Government' book - so it should have some good publicity in the
autumn... Also I think the project could have some value at the OKF.

At the moment I think they are after:

  i) a Wordpress installation with a custom theme + domain name
  ii) git (they currently use github)
  iii) somewhere to test the first experimental versions of the service

If Y to a), then:

  b) on what terms?
    - we could help them with only (i), or (i)+(ii) or (i)+(ii)+(iii)
    - we could ask them to become supporters of the OKF, individually,
and/or (later) as an institutional supporter
    - we could ask them to pay for a hosting service which the OKF would provide

J.

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator