[okfn-coord] Contract with aidinfo

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed May 13 11:07:02 UTC 2009

To follow up my email from the 8th. I have just got off the phone with
Simon. The proposal we agreed was roughly as follows:

1. An initial total of 10 days for the work. 3-5 days done on an
"draft notes" due by the start of June and a further 5-7 days done to
complete the report by September. I made clear that if time were fixed
that would determine "features" (what went into the report).

2. The day rate agreed was £425. In my email to Simon last week I
initially proposed our full £800-£900 rate but he baulked at this
immediately saying they were a not-for-profit NGO and this was well
above what they could pay. In discussion today he said normal rates
were somewhere between 300 and 500 (with the upper end generally for
"technical" work such as web development). Going on Jordan's 50%
discount for not-for-profits we agreed 425 (=50% of £850).

3. I will meet Simon for a 1/2 day meeting on the 29th to go over the
"draft notes" and "prep" him for his meeting the following week.

4. In terms of formal agreement Simon will tweak the ToR he sent over
to reflect previous points. We will then respond saying we agree to
this, with our rate, and with a very brief summary of who will be
involved. I propose to say something like:

"This work will be conducted by Open Knowledge Foundation drawing on
its extensive experience with the legal, social and technological
issues around data. Primary responsibility for preparing the report
will lie with Rufus Pollock and Jonathan Gray with additional input
and expertise provided by Jordan Hatcher and Becky Hogge."

In terms of the workplan: I propose, given time setup, that the bulk
of work on the "draft notes" be done by Jonathan and myself with input
on the legal side from Jordan.

Does this all sound ok?