[okfn-coord] Fwd: FW: [pd-discuss] Public Domain Calculators Meeting, University of Cambridge, 10-11th November 2009

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Nov 4 20:44:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> What's our total budget from COMMUNIA and does it cover flying people
> in for the workshop?

So our 2008-9 budget was 4800 Euros [1]. (We have received half of it
now I think. It might be the case that we don't receive the second
half if we don't spend it quick enough.) Of this, so far we've spent
£900 [2].

The 2009-2010 budget should be another 4800 Euros.

One thing Communia HQ emphasised was that we really need to spend the
budget as its a hassle to give the money back (and makes HQ look like
they overbudgeted/underspent - which is apparently a bad thing).

In addition to having OKF core attend more events - we should find
more ways for OKF community to use this budget. Communia HQ said OKF
determines who is OKF and who isn't - so we can decide who to bring on
our budget.

[1] See original email below and http://okfn.org/board/wiki/Communia
[2] See http://okfn.org/board/wiki/CommuniaExpenses

> If flying them in will still leave us with at leave, say, 2-3k EUR
> then I think we should do it (this seems to me to be enough to cover
> any expenses we'll incur going to COMMUNIA events in the next year).

Agreed I think so too. Will double check with HQ that we can reimburse
US attendants from OKF.

Best,

Jonathan