[okfn-coord] WDMMG, 4IP and Mysociety

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Nov 6 17:50:44 UTC 2009

2009/11/5 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
> Just to quickly follow this up:
>
>  * What is the state of play with 4IP app?
>  * Is there anything we can or should be doing to follow this up?
>  * Is there anything I can do to help?

I've now been pinging Dan Heaf biweekly for last 6 weeks (with
additional phone calls). Today I finally got through to him (may be to
do with him having seen Paula yesterday in Sheffield).

He explained that everything at his end was on hold pending some kind
of budget review/approval. He anticipates that this should be sorted
out quite soon but had no definite date as to when. Said he would get
back asap once things are moving again.

> Liz Turner has been doing some *excellent* work on WDMMG, and I'm just
> keen to make sure we're doing everything we can to try to secure
> funding for taking this to the next level.

100% agreed. We should probably think where else to go for funding on this ...

> To make this email more exciting, I'm taking the liberty of sharing
> the link to the alpha prototype (which is not to be shared or
> bookmarked and is for OKF board member eyes only!):
>
>  http://www.wheredoesmymoneygo.org/wdmmg-alpha/

Once this is finished it will make it a lot easier to interest people I think :)