[okfn-coord] WDMMG, 4IP and Mysociety

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat Nov 7 20:43:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> 2009/11/5 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
>> Just to quickly follow this up:
>>
>>  * What is the state of play with 4IP app?
>>  * Is there anything we can or should be doing to follow this up?
>>  * Is there anything I can do to help?
>
> I've now been pinging Dan Heaf biweekly for last 6 weeks (with
> additional phone calls). Today I finally got through to him (may be to
> do with him having seen Paula yesterday in Sheffield).
>
> He explained that everything at his end was on hold pending some kind
> of budget review/approval. He anticipates that this should be sorted
> out quite soon but had no definite date as to when. Said he would get
> back asap once things are moving again.

Great! Good to hear we've got a response. Where are we on the
partnering with mySociety front?

>> Liz Turner has been doing some *excellent* work on WDMMG, and I'm just
>> keen to make sure we're doing everything we can to try to secure
>> funding for taking this to the next level.
>
> 100% agreed. We should probably think where else to go for funding on this ...

What about - e.g. - asking the Cabinet Office for more money? This is
something Richard Stirling mentioned last year (though presumably
financially things have changed since then!). I guess one could argue
that as money is tight accountability and transparency is even more
important. Also if more fine grained, could be useful tool for
government to think about where money goes - Richard said that people
at HMT loved the idea and thought it would be useful inside
government...

>> To make this email more exciting, I'm taking the liberty of sharing
>> the link to the alpha prototype (which is not to be shared or
>> bookmarked and is for OKF board member eyes only!):
>>
>>  http://www.wheredoesmymoneygo.org/wdmmg-alpha/
>
> Once this is finished it will make it a lot easier to interest people I think :)

Can't wait! ;-)

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator