[okfn-coord] Communia expenses for Mathias Klang?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Oct 13 12:34:17 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Just writing to check with the board that its alright if we pay for
the travel/accommodation expenses of Mathias Klang
(http://www.digital-rights.net/), a Swedish copyright expert, under
the auspices of the OKF to attend the public domain calculators
workshop in November.

  http://blog.okfn.org/2009/10/07/public-domain-calculators-meeting-10-11th-november-2009/

Mathias is interested in producing a calculator for Sweden - and I
think it would be valuable to have him at the meeting. He is a member
of our Working Group on the Public Domain
(http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/publicdomain). We would have to pay for his
travel and accommodation out of our Communia budget (at the moment it
looks like we will struggle to spend it all). Juan Carlos De Martin,
coordinator of Communia, has said that Communia members decide who to
fund on their behalf. It currently looks like all other participants
in the meeting will be able to pay out of their own Communia budgets.

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator