[okfn-coord] Our major server disappeared!

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Oct 29 15:11:44 UTC 2009

Just to update the board, apparently the speeds we were getting to
copy from server that went down (us0) to an existing server (eu0)
meant that it would take 75 hours to do a full backup, which is
greater than our 24 hour (now circa 22 hour) window.

So I've opened an Amazon Web Services Account and James is copying the
data to an EC2 instance as we speak. This should cost a few dollars a
day until we can get everything fixed.

Fingers crossed!

J.