[okfn-coord] Fwd: Proposal

James Casbon casbon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 13:01:08 UTC 2009

2009/9/2 Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>:
> Dear All,
>
> Yesterday I had a call with Tom Steinberg of mysociety. He is
> interested in "collaborating" on "Where Does My Money Go" specifically
> in relation to a grant application to 4IP. We have already put in a
> grant application to 4IP (just a few weeks ago) -- which I explained
> to him. You can read more in his email below.
>
> Questions for us:
>
>  1. What are benefits?
>  2. What are costs/risks?
>  3. Should we do this (and how)?

What does the grant application claim for?  Sorry, I haven't read it,
but are there specific roles/responsibilities?  To what extent is
volunteer time invloved?

IMO, the easiest way for a collaboration to work is is there are clear
roles that can be divided between OKFN and MS.  If there is a large
requirement for volunteer work (crowdsourcing or whatever) then the
extra visibility from MS is probably worth it anyway.

James