[foundation-board] Invitation to join Open Knowledge Foundation Ltd

Becky Hogge becky.hogge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 11:33:16 UTC 2010

Hi Rufus

I've now had a chance to take a peek at Xero. Wow.

This is such an improvement on previous reporting to the Board, hats
off to you and to your new admin assistant for putting the work in to
get this up and running. And thank you.

I went to Adviser > Management report and scrolled through the 6 page
report it generated. I then poked around Accounts, looking through the
bank accounts, accounts receivable (where I could scroll through the
invoices you'd raised that are yet to be paid), and accounts payable
(where I could see what we owed to others). It was all really clear.

I agree that the missing piece of the puzzle is how to represent
invoices we have yet to receive but we know are coming. I see there's
a "draft" invoice option - would this be a good place to store what
are basically purchase orders to keep track of this aspect of the
organisation's finances. In any case, Rufus, it would be great if you
could bring to the presentation this figure (ie, amount of invoices we
know are coming) so we can have a complete picture of OKF's finances.
I gather from looking at Xero that this will include a lot of accounts
payable to do with WDMMG, as I only see invoices for Iconomical and
you in the Accounts receivable.

Thanks again, and warm wishes

Becky

Becky